UHD REU Program > Publications
1. P. Chen, W. Ding, M. Choly*, C. Bowes*, Word Sense Disambiguation with Automatically Acquired Knowledge, to appear in IEEE Intelligent System.
2. K. Zhao, C. Ordonez, W. Garcia, P. Chen, Efficient Algorithms based on Relational Queries to Mine Frequent Graphs, PIKM Workshop in conjunction with the 19th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management CIKM 2010, Oct. 2010. Toronto, Canada.
3. A. Tran, C. Bowes, D. Brown, P. Chen, M. Choly, W. Ding, TreeMatch: A Fully Unsupervised WSD System Using Dependency Knowledge on a Specific Domain, SemEval 2010 Workshop with the 48th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), July, 2010. Uppsala, Sweden
4. P. Chen, A. Barrera, C. Rhodes, Semantic Analysis of Free Text and its Application on Automatically Assigning ICD 9 CM Codes to Patient Records, The 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics, July, 2010, Beijing, China.
5. P. Chen, N. Ozoka, R. Ortiz, A. Tran, D. Brown, Word Sense Distribution in a Web Corpus, The 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics, July, 2010, Beijing, China
6. P. Chen, W. Garcia, Hypothesis Generation and Data Quality Assessment through Association Mining, The 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics, July, 2010, Beijing, China
7. P. Chen, W. Ding, C. Bowes*, D. Brown*, Large scale Dependency Knowledge Acquisition and its Extrinsic Evaluation Through Word Sense Disambiguation, the 21st IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, November 2009, New Jersey
8. T. Stepinski, J. Salazar, W. Ding, Exploring Labeled Spatial Datasets Using Association Analysis (Demo Paper) in Proc. of the 18th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2010), San Jose, California, November, 2010
9. T. Stepinski, J. Salazar, W. Ding, D. White, ESTATE: Strategy for Exploring Labeled Spatial Datasets Using Association Analysis, in Proc. of the 13th International Conference on Discovery Science (DS10), Canberra, Australia, October, 2010
10.T. Stepinski, J. Salazar, W. Ding, Discovering Spatio-Social Motifs of Electoral Support Using Discriminative Pattern Mining Com.Geo, in Proc. of the 1st International Conference on Computing for Geospatial Research and Application, Washington, DC, June, 2010.
11. Hong Lin, Ongard Sirisaengtaksin, Ping Chen, A Cluster Computing Environment at a Small Institution to Support Faculty/Student Projects, Proceedings of the South Central Conference/ Journal of Computing in Small Colleges, Volume 25, Number 4, April 2010, pp. 30-36.
12. H. Lin, J. Kemp, Padraic Gilbert, Computing Gamma Calculus on Computing Cluster, International Journal of Technology Diffusion, Volume 1, Number 4, 2010, pp. 43-53.
13. H. Lin, J. Kemp, W. Molina, Parallel Computing in Chemical Reaction Metaphor with Tuple Space, International Journal of Computer Science and Security, Vol. 4-2, 2010, pp. 149-159.
14. H. Lin, J. Keele, the Architecture of a Grid Infrastructure for Undergraduate Education, the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology, August, 2009.
Additionally, our REU students participated in the following international competitions:
(1) Task 17: All-words Word Sense Disambiguation on a Specific Domain at SemEval 2010 (http://semeval2.fbk.eu/semeval2.php?). Two REU students competed with 11 international teams. Their system was the only unsupervised system that beat the baseline, and was ranked at the 6th place.
(2) I2b2 2011 NLP Shared Task (https://www.i2b2.org/NLP/Coreference/Call.php): co-reference resolution and sentiment classification. Two REU students have successfully developed and tested the competing system, and currently achieve ~75% on F-score.
University of Houston-Downtown
Department of Computer & Mathematical Sciences | College of Sciences & Technology
Home | Applicants | Program Information | Project Description | Steering Committee