Department of Computer & Math Sciences
March 15, 2011
$ 4,600 stipend
Plus room, board, travel reimbursement for transportation costs to UHD, and travel fund to attend scientific conferences.
1. Computer Science or related major, Junior or Senior, sophomores with strong academic records will also be considered.
2. Proficiency in C/C++, Matlab is preferred
3. U. S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
4. Interest in research and planning to pursue a graduate education
The REU program at the University of Houston Downtown aims to academically prepare motivated and talented undergraduate students for graduate schools and advanced research careers through an intensive 10-week summer research program. Funded by the National Science Foundation, this program will recruit eight students to participate in the full cycle of research activities, including problem analysis, algorithm design, implementation, evaluation, and publication. Students will work closely with faculty and industry advisors. Field trips to NASA and University of Texas—Health Science Center.
· Artificial Intelligence
· Data Mining
· Computing grid and cluster
· Dr. Yih-Bor Chang (Chevron)
· Dr. Yu-Lin Xu (NASA)
· Dr. Tom Stepinski (Lunar and Planetary Institute, NASA)
Professor Ping Chen